Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter Morning

I wanted to share our Easter with everyone. It actually comes with a funny story:) Cole had been sick for awhile so he wasn't in the best of moods, and he was sleeping really late. The girls of course were really impatient as they could see eggs hidden through out the back yard. Finally I agreed to let them wake Cole up so that they could go egg hunting. BIG MISTAKE! Cole was excited for a few minutes when he saw his filled basket.... then.... the tears came! As we went outside he continued to cry and whine. Kenny tried being patient in the beginning and tried to get him to find eggs, but Cole continued to sob. At one point Kenny pointed out an egg to Cole that was sitting in the middle of a brick, unfortunalty this only made things worse as Cole screamed that there was a spider in there and that he could not possibly place his hand in there! Well, luckily (heavy sarcasim) I had been video taping this whole emotional break down. As I watched back the taping this is what I saw:

Cole: (whimper, whimper, tear, tear)
Kenny: Cole look! There's an egg in there!
Cole: No! (Sob, Sob.) I don't want a egg!
Kenny: Look Cole- the Easter Bunny hid this for you!
Cole: I don't want a egg! (Cry)
Kenny: Cole, just put your hand in there and get the egg. (Getting impatient)
Cole: NO!!!! There's a spider! (Screaming)
Kenny: Cole, knock it off and get the egg.
Cole: NOOOOOOOOOOO! SPIDER!!!!!
Kenny: Cole, suck it up and get the dang egg!!!!!
Cole: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! (Hysterically crying!)
Kenny: Oh forget this. We are going inside!

Yes- it was indeed a memorable Easter!:)






6 comments:

Corina said...

I love posts that I can laugh out loud to!! Thats so funny and when we come out I totally want to see the video!! I am glad your Easter was as tramatic as ours...funny boys!

PerryParty3 said...

Cole looks so big! Lol, love the story, especially "Cole, find the dang egg!" The girls dresses are so pretty! I love Maddie's black and white polk-a-dot! (Chelsea's favorite is Katie's Pink one. :))

Dianne said...

Israel and I had a good laugh over the boys commentary. Thanks I needed that. Ha ha

JFunk said...

Haha...love it. That is hilarious!

Allison said...

I was laughing so hard, I read it out loud again to Shad.

Rebecca McAllister said...

I just found your blog off of the Searle's list of family and friends. I'll have to add you to mine. So fun to see the kids. MY goodness Cole is so grown up, I don't even recognize him. Hope you guys are good. Our blog is mcallisterclan.blogspot.com
-Rebecca McAllister