Sunday, August 17, 2008

10K Craziness!!!!


Well, I finally did it! I ran my first 10K!!!!
(ok- I admit it, if I were being truthful I would call it "jogging/walking" my first 10K)
It was alot of fun, at least most of it. It was definitely one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. But it was all worth the effort too!
Here's the starting line. We are hiding somewhere in the middle of the 80 year old women and the 10 year old boys. We figured we would stand next to the ones we knew we could possibly beat. Boy- were we wrong!


This is Andrea and I stretching out before the race. We probably should have warmed up first (he he)!

So, this is after mile 2...yes I'm still running...looks ok for now, but the big hill was coming up next:(

It was pretty tough in some spots. We don't normally do hills and this course had alot of hills (BIG HILLS)!
These next photos are at the finish line- can you see the relief on my face!!!!

I'm sure Melinda and Trisa will be so proud:)



My goal was to finish before 1 1/2 hours and I timed in at 1 hr 34 minutes (that's what I thought at first- I was accidently reading the 5K timer- my real time was 1:16:51!), so I'm very pleased with my time. We are hoping to do some more in the next few months and hopefully I can get Kenny to do the next one with me! Thanks to Jav for the pictures:) I recommend to everyone to do this at least once in their life!

If you want to read a super funny blog about our race check out Andrea's blog under my favorite blogs:)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Good for you Missy! I am SO impressed! I walked/jogged a 5k a few months ago and was sure I would never attempt a 10k. So good job! That's great. I love organized races. It feels like you are a part of something....

PerryParty3 said...

YAY! I am proud! And I must also say that I am super impressed at how good you look when you run! Any and all pictures of me running, I look like death. You look like you're having fun! Those are some really great pictures! Good luck on the next races!

Brian and Lisa said...

Wow! Good Job - I never look that good when I run. It's Lisa From Beaverton 3rd. We moved to colorado in January and I found your blog link on Trisa's blog. Your kids are so big. Reading your blog I realized that Andreas husband was someone Brian grew up with. They were really good friends. What a small world.Say Hi to Jav for us if you see him.
Lisa Tunquist

Corina said...

Look how hott you look while you run! I can't beleive you did a 10K...I'll do it with you next year...if you stop training so I can keep up! :)