So, the funny thing here is that our Realtor told Kenny that it never rains over here! Last year when we moved here, that very first day it was raining. Since then I've come to the conclusion that Fayetteville definitely get more water than Portland. In Portland it rains alot, but most of the time it's a light drizzle. Over here when it rains- IT RAINS! I've never lived in an area where it comes down pouring like this! I decided to take a few pictures of our back yard during one such storm. As you can see the builders didn't do too great of a job flattening our backyard. We have an area that almost always floods with just a little bit of rain:) At least it only happens there! During this storm we also got a tree into our backyard (after I took the pictures). It feel down onto our fence, but luckily only did a tiny bit of damage. This storm was actually worse then the tornado a couple of months ago. (The tornado was nearby, but small and didn't cause any damage- just some HUGE hail!)
Monday, August 18, 2008
It NEVER Rains In Fayetteville!
Posted by CareyClan at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Look at those trees! How pretty! Lol, sorry to hear you didn't get away from all the rain, but hopefully it gets it all done and over with quickly so the sun can come out again. you've got such a beautiful backyard!
Wow, that rain is out of control! It looks like it creates a huge mess, no fun! Good job on your race!!! That takes a lot of hard work! You look great! You might have inspired me to start running! Its great to hear from you.
Holy Crow! That isn't a backyard that is a swamp!
Megs
Hey there neighbor (kinda).
10K on September 6th. You in?
This is what it did when we were in Missouri. All the sudden it would just downpour--i'd never seen anything like it. I'm surprised Cole wasn't outside jumping in puddles!
HOLY FLOOD! That is just amazing! I just love to hear about stupid realtors that don't know how to be honest! seriously!
HOLY FLOOD! That is just amazing! I just love to hear about stupid realtors that don't know how to be honest! seriously!
I just read about your race! Great job! I am proud of you! It's nice to have someone to run with too. So it sounds like it rains there like it does here! We get dumped on, then it clears up and is sunny again, as it gets even muggier after the rain! How far is Fort Bragg from here? We need to make a road trip! Russell misses Kenny!
Post a Comment