It was Christmas morning all over again in our house today! Not because of Santa this time. Old man winter brought us this surprise! I woke up to the kids screaming, "It's snowing, it's snowing!" "Can we go outside?" (keep in mind this was at 6:30 am!) Luckily I knew it was suppose to snow and had already got a call at 6 telling me school was cancelled. Ya, I know school cancelled for a little snow, well you forget where we live! So, we got to have a great day and the kids got their snow this year! Cole has never really gotten to play in this much snow, so he loved it. I not sure what he did more of, throw it or eat it! We went out twice today and Kenny got to come home early from work too since they were closing down most of the hospital today! The snow should stay through tomorrow, but after that I think the 50 degree weather that is returning will dissolve it pretty fast.
I thought I would add the video of the kids "sledding". At first we weren't sure what to do because they don't sell sleds over here. Ever. So after I get me creative juices going I decided to pull out the bottom of an under-the-bed tupperware container. Well, as you can see here, it worked, but only short term:) The snow got piled up in the front and that was the end of that. Of course, we aren't the ones for giving up, and it only took a few seconds to realize that out body boards we use at the beach would work just as well on snow! They worked great, I just forgot to record that part too:)Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Genius! Pure Genius!
Good Heck! Your last post was a month ago. Update your blog...i'm going through withdrawls! miss ya
Missy- I wasn't sure if you had been added to the ward blog? Anyway, if you interested stop by and send me an email. Meg
hopemills1st.blogspot.com
P.S you had better ideas than us for sledding we used the laundry
Post a Comment