I took the kids to Sonic to join some friends and enjoy some cool refreshments and play time on the playground. I was sitting talking with friends when I glanced up to check on the kids. Katie was near me climbing up a twisty type of ladder, when all of a sudden, BAM! A kid who looked like he was easily 12 swung to go down the ladder without looking and kicked his foot right into Katie's face. She then proceeded to fall about 5 feet to the ground (which is luckily sand), but not until hitting against the ladder again on the way down. You can imagine I was NOT happy this. Not only did I run to make sure Katie was ok, but I wanted to rip that kid off the playground and give him a serious beating. Of course I didn't do that, however I did yell at him to watch where he was going and that he needed to be more careful since there were alot of little kids around. I then inspected Katie and found her to have a few scraps, but it didn't look so bad because she was covered in sand. Once we got home I had her take a shower and we then noticed her war wounds. It wasn't as bad as I was worried it would be, she ended up with a black eye, some scraps on her face and shoulder and a bruise on her chest area, but she survived. I think she was just more scared that anything (and that goes double for me)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment