This one's not as funny as the rest- but I wanted to add it as it will probably be the last 5 yr old Coleism. Cole was reminding me of his birthday coming up next week. We were just laying in my bed watching tv and snuggling and he said, "I can't be your little monkey anymore when I am 6." It was so matter-of-fact that I think it was his way of letting me know that he's growing up into a big boy. Sad. He did, however, let me know that, "Logan can be your new monkey!" I think he was just trying to soften the blow. ___________________________ I was listening to the song With or Without You and there is the part where it says, " and you give yourself away." Well, after the song is over Cole says, "Do you know how you give yourself away?" Of course at this point I say, "What?" And he repeats, " Do you know how you give yourself away...you just ask someone if you can be a part of their family." (Very matter-of-factly!) I paused.. realized where it came from.. laughed.. and said, "Wow Cole, you are very smart!" Obviously I need to stop telling him I'm going to give him away:) ___________________________Cole has a huge stuffed Winnie the Pooh. So big, he wrestles it all the time. It was in my bedroom when I noticed that it had a large tear in it's armpit. Me: Cole, go put Pooh Bear in the office room so Mommy can remember to sew him up. Cole: I don't want you to sew him up. Me: Why? Cole: Because I'm gonna find his heart. If that's not a future surgeon I don't know what is!
4 Year Old Coleisms
Here are the new crazy things that come out of this boy's mouth!
___________________________
Cole: Mom, how old is Jesus?
Missy: Ummmm...(trying to do the math)
Cole: Oh ya, he must be in his sixties!"
___________________________
We were walking towards the school to pick up the girls and out of nowhere Cole asks, "Mom, is Daddy old enough to be at home alone?"
Playing on the humor I answered, "Sometimes."
__________________________
Cole and I were looking at baby clothes and I mention how cute I thought a little dress was. Being very observant Cole said, "We can have a little girl, you just need to eat alot."
If it were only that easy:)
___________________________
Cole came in from playing outside- walked up to Maddie and said:
ARGH- Maddie, I can't get the wedgie out that you gave me!
_________________________
We had just left a friend's house who has a little baby.
I asked Cole if he had tried to feed the baby anything (long story) and he simply said:
No, babies don't have teeth, just like Grandmas and Grandpas!
_________________________
Cole came walking into the house looking sad:
Me: What's the matter Cole?
Cole: Katie won't let me on the trampoline!
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, why?
Cole: Because she's a weirdo!
Coleisms
(Quotes of a 3 year old)
Cole and I were waiting in the hallway of the hospital for Kenny so we could go to lunch.
A nurse walked by pushing a soldier on a gurney. (The soldier was hurt, a few tubes going in him, but other then that fine.)
As they past Cole (very loudly and matter of factly) announced: "HE'S DEAD!"
________________________________________
I was picking up the living room and asked Cole to start helping me.
He simply said: "Why, you already started doing it!"
____________________________________________
Kenny was in a dressing room trying on clothes and Cole went with him. There were pins on the ground from some of the dress shirts and Cole started playing with them.
Kenny: Cole don't play with those or they will poke you.
Cole: Ya, and then all my air would go out.
_____________________________________
Setting: The kids are painting in the dinning room.
(This is what I over heard.)
Maddie: Cole stop mixing the colors together.
Katie: Cole, your mixing!
Maddie: Cole! Stop mixing or I'm telling mom!
Katie: Stop mixing Cole! You can't paint if you mix!
Cole: HOW BOUT I MIX IT ON YOUR FACE!!!!!
(wow- so glad I missed out on that whole brother thing:))
1 comments:
So cute! I love the one where Kenny and Logan are sleeping in the same position. It looks like you guys are having a blast with your new little one.
Post a Comment