True story from this morning.
I get the girls ready for school and out the door. It's my turn to drive, so I'm herding them into the van. I pause to get a drink of water. As I walk into the garage this is what happens:
Katie: Mooommmm! (That sound is worse than nails on a chalkboard, and is usually followed with whining.)
Katie: Cole called me dumb!
Cole: So did Maddie!
Maddie: I did not!
Cole: Yes you did!
I take a deep breath, count to ten, and it doesn't work.
I'm prepared to ignore it all when Cole turns and glares at Katie as if to say, 'ha! I got away with it!'
I say (pretty sure it was more like yell- and I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard because my garage door was open):
"Cole, Katie is a hundred times smarted than you, so if she's dumb what does that make you! (pause for dramatic effect) DUMBER!!!!"
That's right Ladies and Gentlemen, I am officially the best mom ever!



6 comments:
That is the best thing EVER!
NO WAY dude, I'm the best mom ever!
I"m pretty sure my neighbors think the ONLY thing I do is yell at my kids because of the going-ons in my garage on a daily basis. What is it about getting in the dang car that makes them turn into total brats?!?!
you should have also stuck your tongue out at him... for a more dramatic effect! :)
Sorry homechick but we forgot Ethan had early release the day we were supposed to bring newborn Morgan home. Micah got back to the house at the normal bus time only to find (just-turned-eight-year-old) Ethan eating a snack while watching television.
He came in through the dog doors.
I SOOOOO am right there with you!
I'm a bad mom too cause I was trying to memorize what you said so I could use it sometime. :) Way to go!
I couldn't stop laughing 'cause that's something I would do too! Yesterday was one of those days for me and I told Isaac I was ready to drop him off at the side of the road and let someone else take care of him. Not exactly what I should have said out loud:) Hopefully I'll be forgiven by him and Him!
ok, but sometimes they just have it coming!!! I am right, aren't I??? (please say "yes"!)
Post a Comment