Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sewing Adventures

Here are my feeble attempts at sewing for the year! (ok- maybe this is the most I will sew for the next few years)  I have a friend who showed me a bag that she made and I absolutely LOVED it!  She said that it was pretty easy so I decided to take the leap and make one.  Well, it also gave me the idea to make some cute little bags for Maddie's birthday party guests.  We decided to go all out this year for Maddie's birthday and she wanted a spa birthday at this cute salon, so I figured it would be really cute if they got their own little purse/bag.  After finding a really simple pattern (for free) online I made these....


First I had to prove that I really did make these by documenting the beginning steps....
One of the steps that keeps me from sewing is all the ironing...

Finally the first one is done... and only took 5 hours- just kidding- about 15-20 mins.


TADA!!!  All 7 bags... FINISHED!!!
Next is the bag that my friend helped me make!  I made this one for my mother-in-law's birthday!  I'm pretty amazed that I didn't completely mess it up:)


3 comments:

CPA said...

Look at you all crafty and stuff! I can't believe you made all those cute bags in your "spare" time!
Megs

Helms Family said...

Cute Bags! It sounds like Maddie and her friends had a good time! Could you post some baptism pics for those of us who didn't get to be there? Please!

Corina said...

Wow! Remember my b day is in only 6 months :).