Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cole's T-Ball

Cole played T-ball for the first time this spring! Baseball is huge in Hope Mills, and they really go all out for the teams. I thought he was just adorable in his little uniform. (I kept getting in trouble for calling it an outfit.) He really loved it and I'm sure will be doing it each Spring from now on.
Cole played on the Pirates and he had a really nice coach whom he liked. Cole actually only needed the tee a few times during the season. The rest of the time his coach pitched to him and Cole hit the ball. They don't keep score over here for tee ball, but I pretty sure Cole's team would have won alot of games:) They were pretty cute- not to mention quite entertaining to watch. It seemed to take some of the kids some time to figure out that they couldn't just skip 2nd base and run from 1st to 3rd (hitting the pitcher's mound on the way over). Cole played really well in the outfield, as long as we kept him away from any bases. If he stood too close to a base we would often see him "smack talking" with the other player's on the bases. His coaches quickly figured that out and kept him in more of a short stop position:)!

Here's are of few pictures from his first game- notice his enthusiasm in the beginning, which slowly tapered off to boredom.




Cole got really good at playing in the dirt:) I'm sure I wasn't the only one tired of yelling at him to stop.

Here's one of the little guy warming up.


1 comments:

Allison said...

Oh he is so cute! GO COLE!