Saturday, August 22, 2009

Locks of Love

We wanted to do something fun today since it's the last weekend of summer vacation:)  And with me stuck on bed rest it was narrowed down quite a bit!  However, we have been wanting to get the girl's hair cut for a while, and I figure since I would be sitting there while it was done that would be ok.  The girls have also been wanting to donate their hair to locks of love, but we thought you had to have a "certain" amount.  I did a little research (online) and found that even if you don't have the 10 inches needed for a little girl's wig you can still donate your hair!  They either use it for a boy's wig, or they sell it to pay for the price of making the wigs:)  Maddie was really close to having the 10 inches, but I didn't want to chance it being too short.

We took the girl's to a salon, and chopped it all off:)  Well, maybe not all.  Here are their before, during, and after pictures:

                                                                       Katie Before

                                                                      Maddie Before
                                                     Maddie and Katie Before (back view)
                                                                         Katie During
                                                                     Maddie During

                                                                          Katie After


                                                                        Maddie After



As you can see Maddie has 2 ponytails because her hair is so dang thick:)

1 comments:

Megan said...

Did you get the royal treatment too!? You deserve to pamper yourself!