Friday, August 21, 2009

Update on Update

Ok- so good news and bad news (at least for me).  The good news is no more scheduled c-section!  YAAAA!  The baby is looking great, and everything is going wonderful with him.  


HOWEVER- (and WARNING this is going to be a little bit of a rant)
My stupid placenta is still being crappy!  It has torn away just a bit on the edge which explains the bleeding from last week.  And I just it has blood in it?!?  Ok- so I may be stupid, but I thought that the placenta was a big blob of blood.  Guess I was wrong.  My doc could show me on the ultrasound how the placenta looks white and you could see spots of black on it.  So, I guess that means that there is blood in my placenta.  UGH!  Have I mentioned yet that this baby has taken 20 years of my life.  That's right- I'm down to living till I'm 60!  
The doctor asked if I was still staying on bed rest and I was like-"um, sure" whoops.  I kind of took myself off once I had seen that the placenta had moved.  I know- dumb- but when your pregnant you are not always thinking clearly:)
Well, now it's basically a waiting game.  My doc scheduled me for an induction at 39 weeks, but she didn't seem completely convinced that I would make it till then.  I had to laugh when she said that I was scheduled on Sept. 16th because Kenny was suppose to leave on Sept 17th for 1 week.  Good timing- right!  Luckily Kenny's commander has been great and told Kenny he could reschedule.  But I am dying thinking of having to live with this stress for that much longer!  It already kills me everyday thinking- am I going to start bleeding again today?  Especially because I'm a paranoid person to start with!  I've had to deal with these thoughts throughout the pregnancy, and I hate to have to deal with it even longer!  And of course, who loves the idea of extending your pregnancy when you already planned to have it done with earlier?  
This baby is playing with my head!!!!  He's slowly driving his mother insane and he isn't even born yet!  My hope is that this means he will be a perfect little angel when he does finally arrive!
Just to add to the rest, now I have to go in twice a week for non-stress tests and an ultrasound.  This on top of a doctor appointment every week.  Wow- I'm going to be at that hospital more than Kenny:)  Ok- maybe not that much:)  

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey Miss - sorry about all the stress! FYI - I've had both my girls via c-section and it is really not that bad! I know it sounds scary, but when you schedule it, it really is the best! 2 words: NO LABOR. Hello! It (in my humble opinion) was heavenly. ;-) Good luck with everything!

Meg said...

Okay where have I been (i guess out of town) but I didn't know about any of this. I would be thrilled to take the kids one day after school if you would let me. I'll call you! and stay in bed.

The Petersen's said...

Hey Missy!
Wish i was there to help...you could send the kids over to Auntie Sara's to play and i would make you yummy chocolate brownies and bring you all sorts of chick flick movies to watch while you rest in bed! I miss you guys!